There are many idioms using word do. Here are some of them.
1. You must do your best.
2. You can take this herb, it won’t do you any harm, in fact it will do you good.
3. You can use my car. I have done with it. ( no longer need it).
4. Harris always does a good turn to anyone if he can. ( help).
5. This steak is under done (not cooked), in fact I prefer well it well done. (cooked).
6. When you visit France, you can do the Eiffel Tower. ( look at all the things).
7. If you paid $20 for this old bike, you would be done. ( be cheated).
8. What does your motorcycle do to the mountainous area? ( travel).
9. Come on, you should be up and doing! ( active , energetic).
10. Mr. X is not an honest man. You shouldn’t have anything to do with him. ( any dealing).
11. I don’t have anything to do with the problem. ( no concern).
12. Your work is too slow. You won’t do. ( won’t succeed).
13. It doesn’t do to abandon schoolwork. (it’s a bad thing).
14. I am doing very well in this business. ( succeeding).
15. I am done up ( tired) after riding for two hours without stopping, now I could do with a water and meal. ( should have).
16. Help your self! But I have not much food, could you do with bread and jam! ( enough with).
17. It is easier said than done. (proverb).
18. You can’t wear your old shirt, it is actually done for. ( worn out).
19. What do you think? Is it good for you? What you have done to me?
20. I am very apologetic , nothing doing, Do you want to borrow my car?. ( I am not going to help).
21. Well begun is a half done. (proverb). ( good start is a half of success).
22. Do to others as you would have them do to you. ( proverb). ( we treat other as they treat us).
short biography | icebreaker activities | how to teach | children games | parenting sites | learning and teaching | inspiring story | free teaching resources
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Entri Populer
-
Learning English is easy now. Children can use electronic gadget. It is fun and portable. This device is not only the one way to learn Engli...
-
Here some English idiom with the word bring. 1. What brought you there yesterday? ( Why did you come there?). 2. The statement br...
-
Choosing an English course for children is sometimes confusing. If I am allowed to share the experience, please take the advice I give he...
-
Here are some idioms using the word tell 1. You can tell the time 2. Will you tell the story about the story of Harry po...
-
Children are at an age where they need lots of love and encouragement to grow up into healthy young adults. You need to encourage them to d...
-
While Al Gore is not currently in the race for the Presidency in 2008, there is an active and vocal draft movement to convince him to run. ...
-
Oyama was a martial art artist . He was born on July 27, 1923 in Gimje, South Korea. His child name was Choi Young –Eui. He moved to Manchur...
-
Students need to practice more to strengthen their skill in using comparative adjectives . This activity is very easy. It does not need spec...
-
Thousand educational sites and programs exist on the internet. You will find difficulties in choosing the best online learning sites for you...
-
Here are some idiomatic English and meaning from the word hand. 1. The furniture is hand-made. 2. The disaster caused many people ...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar