English idiom and meaning heart
1. Mr. Andrew is not a person who wears his heart on his sleeve( shows his emotion plainly).
2. He looked angry but his heart is in the right place. ( has true, kind feeling, in well intentioned).
Or he has a heart of gold.
3. When I was alone at midnight my heart went into my mouth. ( afraid).
4. Thinking about the final test tomorrow, my heart goes into my boots. ( feel despair, depression).
5. Do you know what your girlfriend thinks in her heart of hearts? ( depth in her soul).
6. Rian is a great man. His heart and soul is in the effort. ( completely, totally).
7. Don’t criticize the headmaster too much too heart. ( feel too strongly) .
8. The news of loosing the game almost broke the coach heart.
9. I am not sure how she could find it in her heart to do such a stupid thing. ( was able).
10. We had a heart-to-heart conversation with the chief. ( serious, open)
11. Even though I loose the match, I am not downhearted. ( feel sad deeply).
12. If you have finished your meal, you can play out to your heart’s content. ( as much as you want).
13. I am wholeheartedly doing this work so I enjoy it even though the work is too hard. ( working as good as I can)
14. Tim decides to set his heart on being a pilot. ( make it his greatest wish).
15. She learned the drama script by heart. ( by memory) .
16. My family lives in the heart of the city. (in the center) .
short biography | icebreaker activities | how to teach | children games | parenting sites | learning and teaching | inspiring story | free teaching resources
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Entri Populer
-
Learning English is easy now. Children can use electronic gadget. It is fun and portable. This device is not only the one way to learn Engli...
-
Here some English idiom with the word bring. 1. What brought you there yesterday? ( Why did you come there?). 2. The statement br...
-
Choosing an English course for children is sometimes confusing. If I am allowed to share the experience, please take the advice I give he...
-
Here are some idioms using the word tell 1. You can tell the time 2. Will you tell the story about the story of Harry po...
-
Children are at an age where they need lots of love and encouragement to grow up into healthy young adults. You need to encourage them to d...
-
While Al Gore is not currently in the race for the Presidency in 2008, there is an active and vocal draft movement to convince him to run. ...
-
Oyama was a martial art artist . He was born on July 27, 1923 in Gimje, South Korea. His child name was Choi Young –Eui. He moved to Manchur...
-
Students need to practice more to strengthen their skill in using comparative adjectives . This activity is very easy. It does not need spec...
-
Saddam Hussein was born in Al-Awja, Tikrit. His full name was Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti. He was born in 28 April 1937. His Dad...
-
Thousand educational sites and programs exist on the internet. You will find difficulties in choosing the best online learning sites for you...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar