For those who have spent any time with me, they know I have a story to
tell. No matter the situation, I've got a weird, funny, interesting (to
me), and crazy story to share. As I sit back and reflect on my lessons
and units, I always try to find the piece that made the students
engaged. Often, it's a silly story from my life or the lives of students
that rope students in.
I'm going to be starting our Gothic Unit in a couple of weeks and I love
to tell a good ghost story. Students love a good ghost story and they
are perfect to get kids hooked on this type of unit. I share some scary
stories from my personal experience and others I've heard over the years
and the class discusses how these stories share similar elements with
the ones we have read from Poe. I could have just written the Gothic
Story elements on the board, directed students to examples in the
stories we have read or are about to read and test them on these items
later in the unit. That is just awful.
The Nerdy Teacher: Engaging Students with Stories #EngChat #EdChat:
short biography | icebreaker activities | how to teach | children games | parenting sites | learning and teaching | inspiring story | free teaching resources
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Entri Populer
-
Learning English is easy now. Children can use electronic gadget. It is fun and portable. This device is not only the one way to learn Engli...
-
Here some English idiom with the word bring. 1. What brought you there yesterday? ( Why did you come there?). 2. The statement br...
-
There are many idioms using word do. Here are some of them. 1. You must do your best. 2. You can take this herb, it won’t do you...
-
Choosing an English course for children is sometimes confusing. If I am allowed to share the experience, please take the advice I give he...
-
Oyama was a martial art artist . He was born on July 27, 1923 in Gimje, South Korea. His child name was Choi Young –Eui. He moved to Manchur...
-
Exercise is essentially important to the health of the infant. Its first exercise, of course, will be in the nurse's arms. After a mont...
-
Bill Richardson was born November 15, 1947, in Pasadena, California. He was raised in Mexico City (his mother was from there) until age 13,...
-
Students need to practice more to strengthen their skill in using comparative adjectives . This activity is very easy. It does not need spec...
-
free worksheet conditional if for esl students and teachers just download here in pdf format
-
Children are at an age where they need lots of love and encouragement to grow up into healthy young adults. You need to encourage them to d...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar